Website development is not a tough job. You can either do it by your own or can hire a professional designer. It’s a onetime work and you can manage it easily. But the important thing to succeed in web based business is to make your website on the top ranks on the major search engines – Google, Yahoo and MSN.
Search Engine Optimization
How you will do this? First of all, your fundamentals of search engine optimization should be clear. Your website should be fully optimized. There are some key factors that play a crucial role in making your web pages fully optimized and search engine friendly. From my five year experience in the field of internet business, I am summarizing the important factors that you should keep in mind when designing your website.
1. Understand and implement SEO – It is very important that you research SEO and train yourself on all of the aspects of SEO. You should research and use the best keywords for your site, optimize your keywords, ensure that your on-page optimization is effective, use a site map and link structures that the search spiders can crawl, build quality links to your site and monitor your keyword rankings.
2. Audit your site – There are numerous service providers that offer free SEO reports and these reports will highlight the areas that you still need to improve on. Focus on improving the problem areas and re-assess your website to ensure that the solutions were effective.
3. Use the correct content management systems and software – Content management systems such as WordPress, Drupal and Zen Cart are already optimized for search. Look for software with good SEM features and plug-in systems.
4. Inter-cross linking of the pages helps search engines to crawl easily. It also helps users to refer to the related pages. This increases the time your visitors spend on your website. And as a result it increases your website reputation in search engines.
5. Sitemap is also important to allow search engine robots to crawl your website easily. It is recommended to submit your XML sitemap to the Google webmaster tool. If you have no idea about XML or how to make the sitemap, you can use online sitemap generators to create your website sitemap with ease.
6. Back links is another important concern when talking about SEO. Your website needs a lot of quality back links in order to rank well in major search engines. Make a habit of writing and submitting at least 2 articles a day in all major article directories daily.
7. Directory submission, forum posting, free blogging are the highly recommended way you can make quality back links. The more back links your website have, the more chances your website will be on top ranks in search engines.